Graceful and dramatic, Monticello was the center of Thomas Jefferson’s world. His celebrated home in the Virginia countryside was his “essay to Architecture” – and his autobiography, elegantly reflecting its designer’s wide-ranging interests. This official guide to Jefferson’s historic plantation showcases the latest renovations at Monticello. In these pages you will find:
- More than 300 photographs, illustrations, and maps
- A look inside the state-of-the-art visitor and education center
- Floor plans and cutaways of the house
- Profiles of Jefferson, his family, and enslaved people who worked across the Monticello plantation
- Local areas of interest to enhance your visit
Softcover, 143 pages.